1 October – 31 December 2018
10 hours per week
$15.00 per hour
The Creston Museum seeks a positive-minded person to help maintain our facilities: over an acre in property, four main buildings, and numerous outbuildings. This position is ideal for someone seeking part-time or supplemental work.
Duties include: clearing snow; checking that buildings, equipment, and mechanical systems are in good repair; addressing problems; performing routine maintenance and cleaning. A detailed list of tasks is provided below.
We offer a fun, supportive, community-focused work environment; flexible scheduling; potential job-readiness training through Kootenay Employment Services; and possible extension of this interim position to a permanent one.
- A self-motivated and self-directed individual
- Home maintenance skills and/or similar experience
- Physically able to complete the required tasks, including ability to lift up to 20 kg
- Flexible scheduling depending on weather and tasks at hand
Hours and Wages:
- Ten hours per week, distributed over a minimum of three days each week
- $15 per hour plus 4% holiday pay
- October 1 – December 31, 2018, with possibility of extension beginning January 2019.
To Apply: Send resume, cover letter, and references to Tammy Bradford, Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org or in person/by mail to Creston Museum, 219 Devon Street, Creston BC V0B 1G3. Deadline to apply: 4:00 PM, September 20, 2018.
Detailed Task List:
- Clear snow and ice from all sidewalks and pathways; arrange for ploughing of parking areas.
- Walk through all property and buildings, checking all appliances and facilities for debris, hazards, problems, etc; repair/resolve/replace as necessary.
- Perform minor repairs to buildings and equipment as necessary.
- Check roofs for water pooling and snow accumulation; check gutters and downspouts; clean drains and remove debris as necessary.
- Check all buildings for insect and rodent activity; address as required.
- Check furnaces, HVAC, and heat pumps to ensure proper functioning; clean and replace filters, condenser coils, etc as necessary.
- Shut off external water pipes; set space heaters and baseboards to prevent winter freeze-up.
- Clean washrooms, exterior windows and doors, floors and mats.
- Remove garbage and recycling; make dump and recycling runs as necessary.
- Remove and store seasonal equipment and signage.
- Keep workshop and toolshed tidy, and tools/equipment organised and in good repair.